Search This Blog

Yule~The Winter Solstice~and The End of the World as we know it!

Merry Yule to all! 
Happy End of the World!

Yule Affirmation: I am the light that dawns at the edge of the world. I am the silent seed that sleeps in the soil. I hold within me the potential of all that I may yet be. I am the Winter's dream. I am the sun reborn. I am the spirt of light set free. Blessed Be.

Significance: It is the end of the waning half of the year and the beginning of the waxing half. The winter solstice is the longest night of the year and the rebirth of the sun. 

Magical Energies: hope, innocence, peace, purity, rebirth, renewal

Symbols: bells, evergreen trees, holly, mistletoe, pine cones, wreaths, Yule logs

Colors: gold, green, red, white

Trees: fir, holly, oak, pine, rowan 

Flowers: poinsettia

Herbs & Oils: allspice, cinnamon, frankincense, ginger, mistletoe, myrrh, nutmeg, rosemary

Stones: amber, garnet, ruby

Animals: bear, fox, robin, stag, wren

Beverages: egg nog, mulled cider or mulled wine, wassail

Foods: chestnuts, gingerbread, ham, potatoes, winter vegetables, yule log cake

Yule information taken from Wheel of the Year classes at Avalon in Orlando, FL 2001.

****************************
As for the end of the world...
I feel that it is...I feel that it is the end of the world as we know it.
I feel a shift in the universe.
And I feel fine. 



Peace, Inspiration, & Love,
~Amy
 The Spirit Dancer